Ash Wednesday and Lent typically mark a spiritual quest for Christians and is a time of prayer, service, sacrifice and self-examination. Typically known as the season of sacrifice, Lent can also be honored by ADDING something meaningful to our daily lives. Did you know that? What a perfect time to devote a part of each day to reading God’s word and meditating on His love and sacrifice!
ENTER 40 Days of Lent Scripture Tickets!
These tickets feature 40 significant verses from the Bible and will take you from Ash Wednesday all the way through Easter! (Psst! The numbers on the tickets are actually dates that correspond with the 40 days of Lent!)
I’ve also included a set of blank tickets so you can write your own devotions on each scripture, jot down discussion starters, or use as simple prayer cards!
IDEAS ON HOW TO USE THE TICKETS:
1. Take the journey through the scriptures as a family. At dinner each night, have one person read the scripture out loud and have the family discuss the meaning and how it applies to your lives today.
2. Print an extra set for your spouse and tuck each day’s ticket in their pocket, lunchbox, briefcase, etc. for them to find. Write a short encouraging note on the back!
3. Make it a personal journey. Meditate on each day’s scripture and how God is speaking to you through His word. Keep a journal on your reflections and prayers.
4. Use a ribbon to attach the ticket to a candy bar or treat for an edible Easter Advent!
5. Punch a hole at the top of each ticket and string on a ribbon to create a Lent/Countdown to Easter garland for your home.
6. When no one’s looking, slip a ticket (with an encouraging note on the back) onto the desk of a co-worker or leave on an empty table at a restaurant for someone to discover.
7. Use the images for scrapbooking, card making, and other projects! (PNG formats are included.)
8. Use as gift tags, treat toppers, cards, gift embellishment, etc.
9. After Easter has passed, use the tickets to help memorize these important verses. Post one a week in a well-traveled area of the home and encourage your family to learn it by heart. Give small rewards to children who memorize the week’s verse.
If you’re looking for a meaningful way to honor the season of Lent with your family, you can find these Scripture Tickets on the shelves of Studio 120 Underground.
However you choose to honor the countdown to Easter in your home, I hope you are wonderfully blessed!